- HR 288 (S. Jones/D): House Study Committee on Minority Business Participation in State Contracts; Created the House Study Committee on Minority Business Participation in State Contracts; and for other purposes.
- HB 267 (K. Alexander/D): The Paid Sick Leave Act; Requires all employers to implement paid sick leave for employees; to provide for exceptions; to specify purposes for which paid sick leave may be taken and the rate at which paid sick leave accrues; to require advance notice of intention to use sick leave under certain circumstances; to provide for verification of the need for sick time in certain circumstances; to provide for record keeping; to prohibit discrimination against an employee for inquiring about or using paid sick leave; to make a violation of an unlawful practice subject to the jurisdiction of the Department of Labor; to authorize a civil action for any violation; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.
- HR 714 (Dr. C. Powell/D): Powell, Dr. C. Clayton; 90th birthday; honoring Dr. C. Clayton Powell on the occasion of his 90th birthday; and for other purposes.
- HR 142 (Able Mable Thomas/D): Clark Atlanta University Day at the capitol; February 1, 2017; recognized. Commending Clark Atlanta University for its outstanding achievements and recognizing February 1, 2017, as Clark Atlanta University Day at the state capitol; and for other purposes.
- HR 429 (Able Mable Thomas/D): Foot Soldiers: Class of 1964; documentary; commended the documentary Foot Soldiers: Class of 1964; and for other purposes.
- HR 125 (Able Mable Thomas/D): Jackson, Bishop Reginald; African Methodist Episcopal Church; Recognizing and commending Bishop Reginald Jackson and the African Methodist Episcopal Church; and for other purposes.
2016 Legislative Session
- HR 1577 (Able Mable Thomas/ D): House Study Committee on Georgia Minority Participation in the Film and Television Production Industry; Creates the House Study Committee on Georgia Minority Participation in the Film and Television Production Industry. The committee shall be composed of seven members to be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. STATUS: Signed by Governor
- HB 614 (V. Stovall/D): Landon Dunson Act; Allows video monitoring camera equipment to be installed in self-contained, special education classrooms. Participation from local schools would be voluntary; and access to the footage would be strictly limited to school administration, parents who request permission, law enforcement, and court officers via subpoena. The cameras will be used for educational and safety monitoring purposes. STATUS: Signed by Governor
- HB 54 (K. Waites/D): Tuition grants; children of officers killed in line of duty who attend University System institutions and meet certain requirements. House Bill 54 would allow an additional funding source to provide free college tuition to children of fallen public safety officials. This funding source would help supplement a grant that is already administered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission and would be obtained by adding a voluntary donation option to the Georgia Income Tax forms, as well as Georgia Motor Vehicle Driver's License forms. STATUS: Signed by Governor
GEORGIA STATE REPRESENTATIVE - DISTRICT 56